Friday, October 2, 2009

They should put more meats on sticks....

Last Sunday was my first Alligator Festival in the sprawling town of Lulling, LA. If you don't happen to know where Lulling is, don't feel badly-neither do I!

I attended the fair with Shaun and Curtis and their kids, Savannah and Kyle (and Kyle's bff Corey). As soon as we got there, Kyle and Corey took off to do what young teenage boys will do (and what that is, I haven't the foggiest- - -never been a teenage boy before), leaving Savannah and I to ride the Festival rides.

I LOVE roller coasters, and always have. Unfortunately, though, these particular carnival rides were not exactly designed for someone 5'7". I have bruises on the tops of my thighs from trying to maneuver my legs out from under some of the safety bars! Savannah, who just turned 9 (see last post), rode everything with me, despite some serious reservations of the ride that hangs you completely upside down on multiple occasions. We had a great time, and neither one of us got sick (unlike Kyle!)!!

Got to see the end of one band, ate a cochon de lait po boy (pronounced: ko-shawn-de-lay), a carmel apple and some alligator (although not in that order) and got a nice redneck sunburn on my arms and chest. All-in-all, a delightful excursion and I stand by my former statement: they really should put more meats on sticks....who doesn't LOVE meat on a stick!?!?!

Didn't take many pics, but here are a few:





2 comments:

Jus and Kat said...

Makes my mouth water for a corndog for some reason . . . :)

Kat

Jackie said...

I love good fair/festival food! In fact, a funnel cake sounds mighty good about now!