Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Mardi Gras!!

It's that time of year again....I know the folks who've lived here their whole lives are totally over the whole "Mardi Gras" thing, but I LOVE it! The parades, the merriment, the balls-bring it on!

Becky and Brianna came down for some of the festivities. Fat Tuesday itself is not until February 16, 2010, but since they'd never been down here for any part of the Carnivale Season, I thought it would be good to ease 'em into the whole experience. After all, dropping them in the middle of St Charles Avenue on Tuesday might have been more than they could handle, and Bourbon Street is DEFINITELY not some place I couldn't take my 3yr old niece-ESPECIALLY on Mardi Gras.

Bearing the above in mind, when my two favorite girls were here visiting, off parading we went. It was BRUTALLY cold and windy here (which lead to me taking sick after Beck and Bri left), but I think everyone had a great time. I always miss Becky and Brianna when they leave-more than words could ever express.

Here are some of the pics. Brianna has struck up a friendship w/Lanie Murray (the daughter of one of my friends) and she's the other little girl you'll see in some of the pics. The Bacchus Ball is tomorrow. Got my gown all lined up and ready to go! Those pics will be forthcoming....HAPPY MARDI GRAS!!!



























1 comment:

Anon Ymous said...

I love the photos, you guys sure had a good time!