Monday, March 1, 2010

Bacchus Ball 2010

With Mardi Gras comes the Bacchus Ball. And ya'll know me-any chance to put on a fancy gown, some faux jewelry, get my hair did, and go out and party, I'm there.

I hadn't gotten a chance to upload the photos from the ball to the blog just yet-they've been on Facebook for a bit....sorry family! Although some of the newness had worn off, I had a great time. Matthew's family was as wonderful as the first time I met them-always hospitable and warm. Thank you guys for the tickets-hopefully I'll have a date next year!

Drew Brees, King Bacchus 2010, was so adorable and this was the first time in the history of Bacchus that a woman (Drew's wife) was allowed to ride on a float. The opening band was great (forgive me, but I'm totally blanking on who they were) and the place was PACKED! It took FOREVER to get all the floats through the convention center, and I was actually tired by the time it was all said and done-it's hell gettin' old!

Here ya go:















No comments: