Monday, March 1, 2010

I should know better by now

I'll have to explain in a later post, but right now, I need a cathartic release and this is the only form of cleansing my brain and heart can tolerate....too much booze 'ill get cha in trouble.

Because I will never be quite as eloquent as I'd like, I had to channel Cowboy Mouth and Shawn Mullins (a FAB artist from ATL, if you're not familiar) to bring about the catharsis:


Cowboy Mouth....
If I put my faith in someone who was only trying to bring me down
I will stand, where I am standing now
Should've known there'd be danger
When I saw your face in the crowd
I used to believe in the love songs
Took me so long to back down
Every word you say takes my breath away
But I should know better by now


Shawn Mullins...
I’ve lost count of the times I’ve given up on you
Well all the plans that you had
Like all the promises you make
I watched them come and go
When you go too far,
Beautiful wreck you are
What a beautiful, such a beautiful
A beautiful wreck you are
What a beautiful, such a beautiful wreck

No comments: