Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Family Came and took NOLA by storm!

Mom, Beck, Brianna, and Trev all stopped in for a visit at the end of July. I never really realized how much I'd miss Mom, Becky, and Bre until I was an 8 hour drive away. I've missed Trevor like crazy for years, but being so far away from loved ones is just a sacrifice of the service man, so even though I cry like a banshee every time I have to send him off on a plane, I've learned to accept the pain. At least I didn't have to send him back to California in his fatigues this time...that always makes it much worse, like I'm sending my baby brother off to war.

I, unfortunately, couldn't take the whole week off, but the family was able to entertain themselves w/touristy things, plus, Trev and Mom built my computer while I was at the office, and for that, I'll always be grateful. I took them crabbing w/my friend Shaun and her family. They had a great time and I will forever be thankful to The Harris/Murray family for showing my fam such hospitality.

Mom had a difficult time w/the humidity (I guess I've just grown tolerant) and with as small as my apartment is, having one bathroom for 4 adults, after one week in only 450sq ft, I think we were all in need of some more space (and better air conditioning!). My family is crazy (and please don't take offense, cause I share the same blood), but I wouldn't have it any other way, and I'm so happy I got to see them all (esp Trevor before he gets deployed again this November).

Here are some pics:














1 comment:

Jus and Kat said...

I adore that raincoat picture . . . too cute!